Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tony calls the nurse

Well, first I called Nurse C to find out what was going on with this Lovenox. I told her everything that happened with the hag the day before and she said that she certainly should not have handled it the way she did. She told me to continue taking the Lovenox, use benadryl cream, and go to Dr. W's office to have him look at it and decide from there. Good.

Then Tony called back and asked to talk to Nurse A. He opened with "I just wanted to call and tell you that I think the way you talked to my wife yesterday was extremely unprofessional and ridiculous." Yay Tony!!!! I'm sitting there thinking how much I hate the confrontation but how much I love feeling like my husband is some sort of knight in shining armour battling some crazy dragon. Then it happened. The hag went insanely sweet apologizing over, and over, and over. Tony was so mad cause he said it's hard to really lay into someone when they are constantly saying "I'm sorry". "Oh no!, Oh no! I would never have intentionally made her feel that way! I'm so sorry that it came across that way!".... at first that is what she said. After that it was... "I'm so sorry that she took it that way! All I was trying to tell her was that I didn't know what to tell her because I'm not the doctor." Liar! I took it the only possible way that I could. Anyway, she offered to call me and apologize but Tony said I was pretty upset and that it was not a good idea. I love him :)