Tuesday, May 26, 2009

If I were a nail biter I would be biting my nails...

So today is the big ultrasound day! It's sad that I can't just be excited and that I have to freak myself out with all the ways it could go wrong. It's like if I let myself think that everything will be fine then I will jinx it and I can't allow some crazy jinx! So, I have to let myself think of all the things that could go wrong so that I'm not completely shocked and disappointed if it does. Everyone at work is so excited and they ask me everyday how I'm feeling and when's the big day... it is really nice knowing that we have so many people praying for us. I work with really nice, caring, wonderful people and I feel as though we've been through all of this together. It is always a hot topic at lunch and today was no exception. Someone asked me if I was too nervous to eat and I just laughed at them. Have I ever been too anything to eat?! Tony is excited, NOT nervous like me. He thinks that everything is going to be fine which is good to hear. We don't need both of us stressing.

We had such a busy weekend for us for a change. We normally never really go anywhere on weekends because Tony has to work but this weekend was jam packed. Friday night we went to a trivia night for a student at my school. Saturday we went to Greekfest, Sunday to Ribfest, and Monday to Gypsy Caravan. We bought a statue of St. Francis and I'm convinced that it's good to have in my trunk. After that we went to my in-laws for dinner. Lisa and Todd came with the baby and I'm convinced that Tony and I need to have twins so that we each always have one to hold and don't fight over it. It's so calming to hold him... he's such a good baby and he's so beautiful. I can't wait for my turn.

Anyway, I'm leaving work in 15 minutes to go home and meet Tony to go to the ultrasound. The nurse just called to tell me that we didn't need to bring anything and to make sure that I got my blood test this morning. She also said that all my symptoms are COMPLETELY NORMAL and that I shouldn't worry. Now I just need to figure out what to stress about now :)